Vitalik Buterin burns $6.7 billion worth of SHIB tokens

Vitalik Buterin had $6.7 billion worth of SHIB tokens burned, representing almost half of the total circulation of SHIBA INU (SHIB) cryptocurrency tokens. Overall, Vitalik had “only” 90% of its tokens destroyed, with the remaining 10% plans to send to various charities. The total number of tokens of this cryptocurrency that Vitalik had sent to the address without access and thus destroyed them is 410 trillion. He said he didn’t want that much power.

“I’ve decided to burn 90% of the remaining shiba tokens in my wallet. The remaining 10% will be sent to a charity.“

Vitalik Buterin received these tokens from the founders of this cryptocurrency, stating that such a transaction to a known person in the crypto world can only be a plus and, above all, it can evoke trust among the general public. However, it is questionable whether the founders of the SHIBA INU expected that Vitalik would burn 41% of the total circulation of tokens of this cryptocurrency. In any case, it was a great marketing move, and this cryptocurrency, also known as the “direct competitor” of cryptocurrency Dogecoin (DOGE), has reached astronomical heights. For example, a New York family that has invested $8,000 in this altcoin raised to $9 million a few months later. The crypto world is a very fascinating place.

Vitalik Buterin also decided last week to send 50 trillion SHIB tokens (at the time worth the tokens about $1.2 billion) to India’s COVID-19 humanitarian fund, founded by Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal.